HXoutboards is a mobile marine engineering company that provides a personal and friendly service. Set up in in 2013, we pride ourselves on offering a reliable and honest service to our customers, ensuring that all our repair and maintenance work is cost effective and competitive.
I found my passion for the Marine world when I was based in the amorphous unit of the Royal Marines commandos. Whilst employed by H.M Forces I specialised in maintaining the engines of the Royal Marines fleet.
After 14 years, a new challenge called and I spent some time working as an offshore expert mechanical consultant. It was then I decided that I wanted to set up my own business providing a high level of expertise, to customers with marine engines.
Over my career I have built a large technical knowledge base, in both land and sea equipment. My understanding of boat manufacturing and associated systems is of a very high level, please find the full list of my Marine Qualifications below.
- Barrus outboard maintainers course (Mariner/Mercury Petrol/Diesel).
- Yamaha Marine Engine Course.
- Royal Navy HMS Sultan outboard motor maintainer’s course covering Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Mercury and Johnson engines.
- City & Guilds – Motor vehicle craft studies Part 1.
- Level 3 NVQ in mechanical manufacturing engineering.
- Level 3 certificate in engineering – installation, commissioning & maintenance.
- Advanced apprenticeship in engineering.
- R.Y.A level 2
- Health and Safety Risk Assessor.
- Crane Operator Gantry and C.A.L.M.
It’s my dream to create the best business for you and in doing so HXoutboards will encourage a more reliable and honest approach to the Marine Engineering Industry.